Sunday, February 28, 2010

6 Month Check-Up

This is a photo of the four bandaids on her legs after her shots.  Poor baby!


Payton had her 6 month well-baby visit on Wednesday.  This visit ended up taking almost 2 hours!  Chad and I normally both try to go to these visits, but he couldn't this time because he had track practice.  I had been noticing this sort of faint ridge of Payton's forehead for about a month now, so I mentioned it to her pediatrician.  The ped. didn't seem very concerned, but she ordered an xray anyway just to be sure.  Poor Payton had to endure 4 shots and then I had to take her down to Xray, where it took four of us to hold her down while they took the pictures.  It was awful!!!  The results came back on Friday, and they were inconclusive.  So....we are going in tomorrow morning for a CT at 10:30.  Please pray that everything is ok.  There is a possibility that the ridge might be caused from her skull bones fusing together too quickly.  I started looking on the Internet Wednesday evening, and Chad told me to get off and stop freaking myself out.  I felt reassured after I talked to my friend, Kristy, who is a NICU nurse.  She said that if Payton still has a soft spot on the top of her head (which she does), then that was a good sign because it allowed for brain growth.  I will post on here as soon as we find anything out.  I am not sure if the radiologist can read the results tomorrow, or if we will have to wait a few days to find out.

Stats from visit:
Weight:  14 pounds, 8 ounces (10-25th percentile)
Height:  26 1/2 inches (50-75th percentile)
Head Circumference:  16 5/8 inches (25-50th percentile)

No comments:

Post a Comment