Wednesday, December 28, 2011

2nd Annual Sugar Cookie Making Day

Every year on the second weekend in December, Chad goes on a deer hunting trip with his college buddies down to southern Iowa.  I think he said this year is the 15th year they've been doing it.  He leaves on Friday after school and doesn't come back until Monday evening.  Ever since we've had Payton, my parents have come to stay that weekend to keep us company.  Last year Mom and I used our gift certificates to the spa and we had so much fun, we decided to make it an annual thing while Chad is on his hunting trip :)  We also made sugar cookies last year and decided to make that an annual tradition as well.    I remember not having very good luck with the dough last year as it was too sticky and very hard to work with. We thought it was because I didn't let it chill long enough. So this year I made sure to chill the dough overnight---didn't help. We had the same situation as last year. So, we cheated and went out and bought the Pillsbury dough. :) This was MUCH easier to work with. I am going to have to try to find a different recipe for next year. Here are some pictures from our fun day!





No comments:

Post a Comment