Thursday, March 11, 2010

We've had a sick little girl :(

Payton did not go to daycare at all this week as she has been quite sick.  She started running a fever on Sunday night.  She still had it Monday morning, so I stayed home with her.  I attributed her fever and crankiness to possible teething.  Tuesday she was still running a fever and seemed to be much more uncomfortable.  Chad stayed home with her and took her to the doctor, where she definitely got the work-up.  They took her blood three times because they couldn't find a vein, did a chest x-ray, and then put a catheter in to see if she had a urinary tract infection.  Her white blood count was high, so they gave her a shot of antibiotics.  Chad said it was just awful watching her endure all this.  He said she cried for a straight hour.  And then he cried too.  The urine sample showed some bacteria, but they still weren't positive it was a UTI.  I didn't even know babies could get those, but apparently they can.  She was STILL running a fever yesterday, so we called my dad to come stay with her so we could go to work.  Her fever finally broke today, but we still didn't take her to daycare in hopes that by keeping her home she could get some extra TLC from Grandpa and lots of rest.  A big thanks to my dad for staying with her the past two days!  We owe you!  This evening she seemed to be feeling a lot better, but still a bit cranky. 

On another note, we got our appointment scheduled in Iowa City.  It's not until March 31. 

We don't have school tomorrow, and I am heading to DM for the Women of Faith Conference.  I am going with some ladies from our church and some of my girlfriends from Newton.  I am very excited for the girls' weekend, but also nervous to be away from Payton.  This will be the first time I've ever spent the night away from her.  I know that she will be in very good hands with Chad, and they will have lots of precious "daddy/daughter" time.  He plans to take her to track practice and wear her in the Baby Bjorn.  This ought to be good :)

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment