Thursday, September 29, 2011

Football Fun

I changed the background of the blog to a football theme.  I thought it was quite appropriate.  My brother and dad are both football coaches.  Dad is in his 12th year at William Penn and this is Aaron's 4th or 5th year at Twin Cedars, but his first year as head coach.  Penn is having a great season and I think Aaron's team is doing ok.  I feel like a horrible sister/daughter because I haven't been to any of their games yet.  Chad went to Aaron's game last week and we are hoping to get to Penn's Homecoming game October 29.  In addition to following Aaron and Dad's teams, Chad and I are followers of Bobcat football and this is a fun season to watch!  Our quarterback was named ESPN HS player of the week last week, which was pretty cool.  http://espn.go.com/blog/high-school/football/tag/_/name/blake-gimbel  I had him in class as a 7th grader when I taught at the middle school.  He is a great kid and it's neat to see him doing so well.  Also, this is our first year as UNI season ticket holders.  We went to our first home game this season last Saturday and it was so much fun.  We were not sure how Payton would do because when we took her to a Bobcat game earlier this season, she hated all the noise.  But on Saturday she did awesome!  She sat on Chad's lap the entire game.  It was a fun day and I'm looking forward to spending many more Saturdays at the dome in Cedar Falls!
Go Sabers!

Go Bobcats!
Go Statesmen!








Go PaNtHeRs!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment