Saturday, September 17, 2011

Zoo

On Labor Day, we took a trip to the Blank Park Zoo.  This summer, we had won some free passes, but we never got a chance to go over the summer.  So, we decided Labor Day would be the perfect opportunity.  Well, it seems that the whole city of Des Moines felt that same way.  The place was PACKED!  We had to park in the overflow of the overflow parking!!  I have never really been a big fan of zoos, and I think Payton takes after me in that regard.  I took her once when she was just a year old.  We went with some friends, and she pretty much slept through most of it.  So, I was really excited for this trip because I thought she would have a blast now that she's older.  I was wrong.  Apparently zoos just aren't her thing.  She did get excited seeing the monkeys, and she did feed the giraffes.  (Although we pretty much forced her.)  Despite her lack of enthuisiasm at the zoo, it still was a nice family day.  On our way to Des Moines, we stopped in Newton to visit my friend Sara's newborn baby, Trey Michael.  What a cutie! 

No comments:

Post a Comment