Sunday, September 11, 2011

Where were you when the world stopped turning on that September day?

I took the title of this blog post straight from the Alan Jackson song.  I remember exactly where I was that morning.  I was a sophomore at William Penn University, and my roommate and I had gone up to the cafeteria for breakfast.  Once we entered the cafeteria, I remember seeing lots of people in tears.  We weren't sure what was going on, but quickly learned that two planes had hit the Twin Towers.  We went back to our rooms to watch the coverage on tv and just sat in disbelief.  How could something like this happen?   


We take time today on the 10 year anniversary of 9/11 to remember all those who lost their lives that day and all those who fight for ours today.

1 comment:

  1. i was driving nate doran through mcdonald's drive-thru before dropping him back at his dorm. we were trying to find a radio station that was playing music, not realizing that they were all talking about what had and was happening.
    i lived with steffanie and when i got back to the roach motel, she was in tears and had to explain everything to me. we sat and watched it the whole day. i don't think we went to class that day.

    ReplyDelete