Monday, July 30, 2012

RAGBRAI

Last Wednesday night, Marshalltown hosted Ragbrai as an overnight stop.  Chad and I worked at our church lasagna supper from 4-7.  It was BUSY!  So busy that we ended up running out of food.  We had lots of compliments from the riders on what a delicious meal it was and how organized everything was.  I know I've said it before, but I am just so blessed to belong to such a wonderful church family.  It was awesome to see all the volunteers there from our church.  At 7:30, I walked across the street to the courthouse lawn to meet my Zumba girls for a top-secret flash mob.  It was so much fun!  There are some videos of it floating around on facebook.  I sooo do not have the moves, but it was still fun.  Unfortunately, it started storming around 8:45, so everyone on the square had to take cover and the band that was scheduled did not get to perform.

I just love RAGBRAI. It's so much fun to see all those riders. I think it would be a blast to do it. Chad and I both have it on our Bucket Lists. One thing is for sure----we will definitely have to get in better shape and get better bikes! :)

Welcome sign on the fence outside Franklin Elementary

No comments:

Post a Comment