Wednesday, September 5, 2012

A Love Story

This is not your typical love story.  No, this isn't the kind of love story that you would read about in a Nicholas Sparks book. This is the story of love between two parents and their child.  Specifically, my grandparents and their son.

This story starts on November 7, 1951--the day my Uncle Ted was born.  On this day, God gave my grandparents a wonderful gift.  A gift that they would be blessed with for 60 years.

On Thursday, August 23, my uncle had a stroke.  Then on Tuesday, August 28, he was welcomed into the Kingdom of Heaven.

My uncle lived his entire life with my grandparents out on their farm, and he loved every minute of it.  He loved helping out on the farm in any way possible.  He also enjoyed collecting model tractors (he had thousands of them), and putting together puzzles. My grandparents gave him a fantastic life and loved him so, so much.

It is going to be so different with life without him.  I can't imagine how my grandparents are feeling.  It makes me so sad to think about it.  I do find comfort knowing that he is in a glorious place in Heaven.

This is something that I never knew until last week....When my uncle was born, the hospital told my grandparents that they should put him in a home because he was mentally challenged.  Of course, that was not even an option for them.  They said, "We are just going to take him home and love him."  And that is exactly what they did!

We love you so much, Ted, and miss you!  I am so lucky to have known you and have you for an uncle!
 
I came across this photo that was taken at my mom's Retirement Open House back in May.  It's a very special photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment