Friday, September 14, 2012

Well, hello there, Mr. President!

When we were on our Omaha trip, I saw a post on facebook from our Marshalltown Education Association that President Obama was scheduled to speak in Marshalltown in just a few short days.  Anyone who knows me, knows I am a pretty big Democrat and an Obama supporter.  So, I jumped at the chance to get tickets.  I am so glad that we waited in line for those tickets, because this was seriously a once-in-a-lifetime experience.  It was the first time that a sitting President had been in Marshalltown since 1940.

His speech was awesome and the energy in that crowd was amazing. Chad and I both had a hard time falling asleep that night because we were still so hyped up from our day. It was such a cool experience!


The line outside Miller Middle School
Nancy O Dell from Entertainment Tonight
 
 
 
 
 
 
.

No comments:

Post a Comment