Saturday, December 22, 2012

Stitches

Tuesday afternoon I got a call at work from Karla saying that Payton had fallen and probably needed stitches.  Karla never calls me at work, so I knew it must be pretty bad.  Luckily, they were able to find someone to cover my class and I was off. When I got to Karla's the bleeding had pretty much stopped, but it was apparent that she would need stitches--it was quite a gash and pretty deep.  We went to the ER and Chad met us there.  It took both of us to hold her down while the doctor administered the numbing medication and then stitched it up with 3 stitches.  Afterwards she was doing quite well, all things considered.  Took it easy that night and did lots of cuddling, but was back to her normal self the next day.  We go in on Monday morning (Christmas Eve) to have the stitches removed.
See that ribbon that she is holding??  That is how she fell.  They were playing with ribbons and twirling around and she lost her balance and fell into the side of a baby doll crib.  She wouldn't let go of that ribbon for anything.  Held it the entire time we waited in the ER and while she was getting stitched up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment